As a regular reader of this blog here is a quick quiz to test you wine knowledge.
1. The grape variety Riesling can make wines that are sweet and dry?
2. What is the minimum length of time a red wine classified as Rioja Gran Reserva has to be aged for?
3. Where is Chateauneuf de Pape?
4. Tuscany is the home of which famous Italian wine?
5. What of these red grape varieties is used to make Champagne?
6. Which is the most widely planted white grape variety in Spain?
7. Which of the following names is not synonymous with Tempranillo?
8. Which of the following regions is famous for producing wines made from Syrah?
9. What sort of wine is Gavi?
10. How many standard bottles of wine equals one Nebuchadnezzar?
11. What is more likely to be true of warmer climate wines?
12. Which region is known for its premium quality Chardonnay?
13. Which of the following is a wine region in New Zealand?
14. In which of these regions in Cava NOT produced?
15. Which of the following is the sweetest German wine?
16. In winemaking what is needed to convert sugar to alcohol?
17. The Solera system is used to age wine in?
18. Which of the following components of a dish can influence the taste of a wine? A. Sweetness B. Spiciness C. Acidity
19. Sauvignon Blanc is used to make
20. Aragoneês is Portuguese grape variety, what is it known as in Spain?
If you feel inspired to learn more about wine you may want to sign up for a WSET wine course at TheWinePlace.courses