As regular readers of this column you will know that from time to time I like to post a short quiz to test your knowledge of the world of wine:
1. Approximately how many wineries are there in Spain?
2. Chablis is made from?
3. Torrontes is an important white grape variety in which country?
4. Rioja has 3 sub regions: Alta, Baja and?
5. Which of the following has not been aged in oak barrels?
6. Barrosa Valley is a famous wine growing region in which country?
7. How do you know if a wine has a lot of tannin?
8. The Denominación de Origen Bullas is in the province of?
9. The grape variety Monastrell is also known as?
10. Which part of the gape contains more sugar?
11. Which of the following Sherrys is the most pale in colour?
12. Alto Adige is a wine region in which country?
13. What does ‘must’ refer to in winemaking?
14. Which two grapes are often blended together?
15. Sonoma is a wine region but where is it?
16. Pouilly Fumé is made from which grape variety?
17. The Bobal grape has which of the following characteristics?
18. What is the correct way to spell this grape variety from Alsace?
19. What is the main grape variety in Calatayud?
20. Gruner Veltliner is a native grape in which country?
Share your Results:
If you feel inspired to learn more about wine you may want to sign up for a WSET wine course at TheWinePlace.courses