Back by popular demand the Wine Quiz to test you knowledge on the world of wine.
1. A vertical tasting is when you tasting standing up.
2. Where are the highest vineyards in Spanish:
3. A maridaje of wine with food that has a high level of umami, will make the wine taste
4. On a wine label, the vintage or year means that the wine was
5. Which of the following grape varieties is white?
6. Syrah can also be known as?
7. A traditional barrel of wine contains how many litres?
8. What is the main grape for red wine in Ribera del Duero?
9. White Rioja is made mainly from?
10. Stellenbosch, Paarl, Swartland, are wine regions in which country?
11. The word ‘Reserve’ on a wine from Chile means
12. Serving wine at room temperature means?
13. Valdobbiadene is a town in Italy associated with which wine?
14. Loire Valley red wines are made predominantly from
15 What is one of the classic descriptions for the aroma of Riesling?
16. Which white grape variety brought New Zealand to the world’s attention
17. The Bekaa Valley is a wine region of
18. Salta is a wine region in which country
19. During fermentation the sugar is converted into what?
20. Which of the following Valencian grape varieties is white: 1) Mandó 2) Verdil 3) Merseguerra 4) Bonicaire
21) Sancerre is a famous white wine from France, what grape is it made of?
Share your Results:
If you feel inspired to learn more about wine you may want to sign up for a WSET wine course at TheWinePlace.courses